Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 7 Monday 10-05-09

I woke up at about 6:30, to a lot of noise and loud Mexican music. I sat up, and saw some Mexicans sitting right on the other side of the concrete blocks from me. I sort of spooked them. One was like "Hey man, we won't mess with you, we're just waitin for work. That's all". But figuring I wouldn't likely be able to go back to sleep I packed up and headed for the cafe. I got a small order of pancakes, 2 HUGE pancakes later I was full. I headed off for the on ramp. A lady stopped and handed me her coffee money for the week, and I pinky promised to use it on food (I actually did use it on food).

First ride. At 8:30 I got a ride from a guy who buys cars at auctions and resells them for a living. He took me to the Sacremento airport. Where there were already some hitchers.

I walked up to them, and they told me that I should head up closer to the airport to get a ride for one guy. I guess I walked to close the airport because as soon as my sign was out, the cops were out of their car. They asked if I had any warrants or if I was ever arrested. No. They asked if I had drugs or weapons. Showed them my pocket knife. They asked if they could search me and I let them, I've got nothing to hide. Then I was free to go. I walked back past the hitchers, and they were just smiling... Jerks. I walked the other way down the road, and waited for them to get a ride. I then walked to the ramp and waited.

Second ride. I got picked up by Salvidor, who invited me to a speaker down the road a ways that night at 7. I declined, because I had a full days worth of traveling. But he prayed for me, and let me off at a truck stop.

There I waited for 2 hours, realizing I wasn't at the best exit about 1.5 hours into that. I found some rusty wire and made a piece sign out of it.

Third ride. As soon as I finished the piece sign, I got a ride from a guy. They guy hardly said a word, and had the crappiest car I have ever seen. He was kind of creepy, until I realized his left leg didn't work well, and his arms were really weak, so I figured I would win in a fight.He dropped me off at Vacaville.

Fourth ride. I got picked up after about 30 minutes waiting. The guy was a school teacher, 6th grade. He couldn't find his digital camera anywhere, and figured a kid stole it from him. That's too bad. He gave me a ride to Fairfield, next to the mall. I was there so long that I started talking to myself, which is not a good sign.

Fifth ride. I was there for 4 hours, and it started to get dark. The cops said I couldn't be at either ramp... so What could I do? I called up Jessica, and she called her uncle to see if he would pick me up. He picked me up, and had a place to sleep. Washed my clothes and took a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment