Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 2 Wednesday 09-30-09

I woke up at about 10:30, bad time to start. I then walked from campus to Glennwood exit, about 4 miles. I waited in the rain for an hour and then decided to walk.

First ride. After about a half mile, a couple that was on the Northbound saw me in the rain, turned around and gave me a ride to Cottage Grove. Great...

This time I met a guy, who like myself, doesn't drink, or do drugs, he isn't
homeless, just wants to explore and travel. His name is Cory Watkins, and is part of YWAM. We became partners. After eating at McDonalds, we head out. Instead of trying our luck at the ramp, we decide to walk. We walked for hours, starting and stopping. Danced on the side of the road to lure people to pick us up. A cop stopped and told us that another group was doing the same thing up the road. Haha. Then he told us to stop...

Second ride. We walked some more, and finally got picked up by a short bus converted to an RV by a young hippy couple. Their daughter Cassidy kept messing with me and Cory. We stopped at a rest stop in Rice Hill, OR. The hippy family goes rest stop to rest stop, and spange (spare change), for a few days at each place. They gave us a few cans of food, and we went and found a place to sleep for the night.

We set up camp behind the rest stop, by the tree line. Covered ourselves with a tarp and called it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment